Extra Curricular Update – 19th March
“Sport should always be fun” Charles Mann
PE Extra-curricular highlights:
- Well done to the Year 7&8 Athletics team who competed in a Trafford Indoor Athletics event at Lostock School on Wednesday 14th Year 8 girls came 2nd and the year 7 boys came 3rd overall.
- The YR7 Rugby team continued their unbeaten season with a hard fought draw away to Sale Grammar, 22 pupils took part in the match, the commitment, determination and skill that this team bring to every game make them a real force to be reckoned with. All boys were outstanding however special mention most go to Adam Tumi, who is a tackling machine, Alex Cowan for his hard running, but Man of the Match goes to Alex Curley who was everywhere, busting tackles and making hits, no one wanted it more than him!!!
- Well done to the Year 9 Football B-team who beat Broadoak 3-0.
- Thank you to Rock Over Climbing centre for their continued support offering free climbing sessions to our pupils every Tuesday lunch.
- We also continue our school club link with Trafford Netball Association delivering sessions to Year 7&8 every Thursday after school.
- Our Dance partnership with Liverpool John Moores University continues with our Year 10 GCSE PE Dance really enjoying another week with their dance skills and performances continuing to improve.
- Oxygen are now opening their Bear Grylls fitness course to our pupil’s during the next block of Oxygen free jumping, the next block of sessions start in April. Start dates to be confirmed.
- Flowskate Roller disco and Spartans amateur boxing club will take place on the 19th March @ 3pm
- New lessons for SHRED (skiing and snowboarding) club are available for after Easter break. Sign up now via ParentPay (limited spaces available) or speak with Miss Cooper.
- Our new extra-curricular timetable will be out after the Easter break with summer sports including Tennis, Cricket, Rounders and Athletics.
- Keep up to date with our extra-curricular timetable and PE fixtures calendar found under helpful links on the school website.
Admissions for Year 7 places & in-year transfers & appeal applications.
Coronavirus (COVID-19 – see advice from NHS on symptoms and things you can do to help stop germs like coronavirus spreading).
With the closure of schools, we envisage a serious delay in the Year 7 Appeals for September 2020 and for any in-year applications for school places. Please be assured that we will process your application as soon as we can and there is no need to contact us unless there is a change in your circumstances.
We are monitoring government guidance and considering the possible impact of the coronavirus on school appeal related duties.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.