“Champions keep playing until they get it right” (Billie Jean King)
PE Extra-curricular highlights:
- The Year 7 Basketball team beat Wellington high school in the Trafford leagues semi-finals 26-16 to maintain their unbeaten run this season. (Player of the game Harry Murray Gordos).
- Well done to the year 7 netball team who competed in the Trafford Netball competition finishing 3rd in their group stages (Player of the match Lois Smith).
- Our Dance partnership with Liverpool John Moores University continues with our Year 10 GCSE PE Dance really enjoying the 6 week programme, their Dance skills and performances are really coming along with the challenge there are being set.
- The Pupils enjoyed their first session of boxing with the Spartans amateur boxing club. The aim of club is to use boxing as a means of developing pupils fitness, self-confidence and discipline.
- Our new block of SHRED club was popular with 40 pupils attending.
- Football and Rugby fixtures are back on with the light evenings. Keep up to date with our Fixtures Calendar on the school website under helpful links (http://aomschool.co.uk/pe-fixtures-results/)
- The re-arranged Flowskate Roller disco will take place on Mon 19th March @ 3pm.
- The next Boxing session to be delivered by Spartans amateur boxing club will be on the 19th March @ 3pm.
- New lessons for SHRED (skiing and snowboarding) club are available for after Easter break. Sign up now via ParentPay (limited spaces available) or speak with Miss Cooper.
- There are several parents evenings on this half term (Year 8 Thursday 15th March & Year 7 Wednesday 28th March). This may effect some clubs. We ask pupils to double check that clubs are on with PE staff.